Our philosophy and process
- Detailed fundamental stock analysis is conducted by specialist global sector analysts. A constantly evolving and forward-looking approach seeks to anticipate change, manage risk, and identify opportunities.
- ESG considerations are integrated throughout the research process and via proprietary quality reviews, to ensure that any material issues are captured.
Every time we consider a security or look at an industry or country, it’s in the context of what’s happening across the world. We believe the investment landscape is shaped over the long term by some key trends, and we use a range of global investment themes to capture these.
Our UK Equity Income strategy is managed by an experienced team. Our global sector analysts and investment managers are located on a single floor in London, which helps to ensure that the investment process is flexible and opportunistic. Guided by our global investment themes, the team works together to identify opportunities and risks through research and debate.
Portfolio manager, UK Equities and Multi-Asset
Portfolio manager, UK equity team & Continental European strategy
Portfolio manager, UK equity team
- To generate distributions over an annual period together with long term capital growth
- FTSE All-Share
- To outperform the comparative index by over 2% per annum
Typical number of equity holdings
40 to 60
- £1.5bn (as at 30 September 2018)
Composite inception: 1 January 1996
Representative portfolio (Newton Higher Income Fund) inception: 1 June 1987
Your capital may be at risk. The value of investments and the income from them can fall as well as rise and investors may not get back the original amount invested.