Past performance is not a guide to future performance. Your capital may be at risk. The value of investments and the income from them can fall as well as rise and investors may not get back the original amount invested.
Key Investment Risks
- Objective/Performance Risk: There is no guarantee that the strategy will achieve its objectives.
- Currency Risk: This strategy invests in international markets which means it is exposed to changes in currency rates which could affect the value of the strategy.
- Derivatives Risk: Derivatives are highly sensitive to changes in the value of the asset from which their value is derived. A small movement in the value of the underlying asset can cause a large movement in the value of the derivative. This can increase the sizes of losses and gains, causing the value of your investment to fluctuate. When using derivatives, the strategy can lose significantly more than the amount it has invested in derivatives.
- Emerging Markets Risk: Emerging Markets have additional risks due to less-developed market practices.
- Concentration Risk: A fall in the value of a single investment may have a significant impact on the value of the strategy because it typically invests in a limited number of investments.
- Investment in Smaller Companies Risk: This strategy may invest in the smaller companies. The securities of smaller companies may possess greater potential for growth, but can also involve greater risks, such as limited product lines and markets, and financial or managerial resources. Trading in these securities may be subject to more abrupt price movements and greater fluctuations in available liquidity than trading in the securities of larger companies.
|From||Dec 19||Dec 18||Dec 17||Dec 16||Dec 15|
|To||Dec 20||Dec 19||Dec 18||Dec 17||Dec 16|
Performance is stated gross and net of management fees. The gross performance figures do not reflect the deduction of investment advisory fees. The client’s return will be reduced by the advisory fees and any other expenses it may incur in the management of its investment advisory account. The investment advisory fees are described in Part 2 of the adviser’s Form ADV, which can be obtained from the SEC.gov website or obtained upon request.
The MSCI EAFE (NDR) Index performance benchmark is used as a comparator for this strategy. Information about the indices shown here is provided to allow for comparison of the performance of the strategy to that of certain well-known and widely recognized indices. There is no representation that such index is an appropriate benchmark for such comparison.
Source: Newton International Equity strategy, total return, income reinvested, in USD, December 31, 2020. Net of fees performance quoted with 0.65% annual management charges.
Find out more about the International Equity strategy
This is a financial promotion. This video is for institutional investors only.
Issued by Newton Investment Management Limited, The Bank of New York Mellon Centre, 160 Queen Victoria Street, London, EC4V 4LA. Registered in England No. 01371973. Newton Investment Management is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, 12 Endeavour Square, London, E20 1JN and is a subsidiary of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation. ‘Newton’ and/or ‘Newton Investment Management’ brand refers to Newton Investment Management Limited. Newton is registered with the SEC as an investment adviser under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. Newton’s investment business is described in Form ADV, Part 1 and 2, which can be obtained from the SEC.gov website or obtained upon request.
Personnel of certain of our BNY Mellon affiliates may act as: (i) registered representatives of BNY Mellon Securities Corporation (in its capacity as a registered broker-dealer) to offer securities, (ii) officers of the Bank of New York Mellon (a New York chartered bank) to offer bank-maintained collective investment funds, and (iii) Associated Persons of BNY Mellon Securities Corporation (in its capacity as a registered investment adviser) to offer separately managed accounts managed by BNY Mellon Investment Management firms, including Newton.
Certain information contained herein is based on outside sources believed to be reliable, but their accuracy is not guaranteed. Unless you are notified to the contrary, the products and services mentioned are not insured by the FDIC (or by any governmental entity) and are not guaranteed by or obligations of The Bank of New York or any of its affiliates. The Bank of New York assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the above data and disclaims all expressed or implied warranties in connection therewith. © 2020 The Bank of New York Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This video is for informational purposes and should not be taken as a recommendation to purchase any individual securities. Newton closely monitors its positions and may make changes to the portfolio’s investment strategy when warranted by changing market conditions. If a security’s underlying fundamentals or valuation measures change, Newton will re-evaluate its position and may sell part or all of its position. There is no guarantee that, should market conditions repeat, this security will perform in the same way in the future. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed herein will be valid beyond the date of this presentation. There can be no assurance that the strategy will continue to hold the same position in companies described herein, and the strategy may change any portfolio position at any time.
Material in this publication is for general information only. The opinions expressed in this video are those of Newton and should not be construed as investment advice or recommendations for any purchase or sale of any specific security or commodity. Any reference to a specific country or sector should not be construed as a recommendation to buy or sell this country or sector. Please note that strategy holdings and positioning are subject to change without notice.
Information about the indices shown here is provided to allow for comparison of the performance of the strategy to that of certain well-known and widely recognized indices. There is no representation that such index is an appropriate benchmark for such comparison. You cannot invest directly in an index and the indices represented do not take into account trading commissions and/or other brokerage or custodial costs. The volatility of the indices may be materially different from that of the strategy. In addition, the strategy’s holdings may differ substantially from the securities that comprise the indices shown.