Our philosophy and process
- Portfolios are concentrated and high-conviction, with fewer holdings than a traditional UK equity portfolio. There are no sector or comparative index constraints. A constantly evolving and forward-looking approach that seeks to anticipate change, manage risk, and identify opportunities.
- ESG considerations are integrated throughout the research process and via proprietary quality reviews, to ensure that any material issues are captured.
Every time we consider a security or look at an industry or country, it’s in the context of what’s happening across the world. We believe the investment landscape is shaped over the long term by some key trends, and we use a range of global investment themes to capture these.
Our UK Opportunities strategy is managed by an experienced team. Our global sector analysts and investment managers are located on a single floor in London, which helps to ensure that the investment process is flexible and opportunistic. Guided by our global investment themes, the team works together to identify opportunities and risks through research and debate.
Portfolio manager, UK Equities and Multi-Asset
Portfolio manager, UK equity team & Continental European strategy
Portfolio manager, UK equity team
- To achieve long-term capital growth from a concentrated portfolio invested primarily in UK securities with the capability to hold non-UK securities
- FTSE All-Share
- To outperform the comparative index significantly over rolling 5-year periods
Typical number of equity holdings
30 to 50
- £0.9bn (as at 30 September 2018)
Composite inception: 1 April 2002
Representative portfolio (Newton UK Opportunities Fund) inception: 8 February 2002
Your capital may be at risk. The value of investments and the income from them can fall as well as rise and investors may not get back the original amount invested.