Our philosophy and process
- We follow a single-portfolio, holistic approach to constructing multi-asset portfolios. A constantly evolving and forward-looking approach seeks to anticipate change, manage risk, and identify opportunities.
- ESG considerations are integrated throughout the research process and via proprietary quality reviews, to ensure that any material issues are captured.
Every time we consider a security or look at an industry or country, it’s in the context of what’s happening across the world. We believe the investment landscape is shaped over the long term by some key trends, and we use a range of global investment themes to capture these.
Our UK Institutional Balanced strategy is managed by an experienced team. Our global sector analysts and investment managers are located on a single floor in London, which helps to ensure that the investment process is flexible and opportunistic. Guided by our global investment themes, the team works together to identify opportunities and risks through research and debate.
- years' average investment experience
- years' average time at Newton
Portfolio manager, UK equities
Deputy chief investment officer
Portfolio manager, multi-asset team
- To maximise returns by investing predominantly in a worldwide portfolio of equities and fixed-interest securities
- Composite index comprised of 37.5% FTSE All-Share, 37.5% FTSE World (ex-UK), 20% FTSE Government All Stocks and 5% 7-day LIBID cash
- To outperform the comparative index by 1-2% per annum
Typical number of equity holdings
60 to 110
- £0.6bn (as at 31 March 2019)
22 September 1998 (BNY Mellon Global Balanced Fund).
Newton has managed UK Institutional Balanced strategies since its formation in 1978.
Your capital may be at risk. The value of investments and the income from them can fall as well as rise and investors may not get back the original amount invested.