At Newton, we take our commitment to sustainable investing and being a responsible active asset management firm very seriously, which is why we have been a signatory to the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) since 2007.
In the latest PRI annual assessment report for 2019, Newton’s credentials in this area are once again reflected in the consistently high marks we have received, and in the fact that we have been awarded the highest rating possible (A+) in all five areas assessed. Only 25.5% of all respondents and 24.5% of asset managers received an overall A+ rating.
In summary, we received the following grades across our business:
- Strategy and governance: A+
- Listed equity – incorporation: A+
- Listed equity – active ownership: A+
- Fixed Income – corporate financial: A+
- Fixed Income – corporate non-financial: A+